People are searching for answers to their problems.
Unfortunately, many of them are looking in the wrong places:
Drugs, alcohol, the party lifestyle, overwork, overspending and cults tempt people
to fill the emptiness in their lives.
Christians have the answer, and opportunities to share it have never been better.
Center your personal testimony on what Jesus Christ means to you
and what he has done in your life.
A brief two- or three-minute testimony, well-prepared, will hold the attention of the listener.
Include the following elements:
- (1) Describe your life before you met Jesus Christ. Emphasize at least one specific need in your life -- loneliness, anxiety, an addiction.
- (2) Describe your encounter with Jesus. You may include a verse of Scripture that was meaningful to you when you responded to Christ, or one that describes the decision you made, such as John 1:12.
- (3) Tell how Christ is still meeting the original need that drew you to him. Emphasize that you now know Someone who cares and has the power to help.
- Then, if you have opportunity, present the Gospel.
The following Scripture verses will guide you in presenting the Gospel message:
- John 3:16 -- God loves us all;
- Romans 3:23 -- all have sinned;
- Romans 6:23 -- sin has a penalty;
- Romans 5:8 -- Christ paid the penalty;
- Ephesians 2:8-9 -- we can receive salvation only as a gift;
- 1 John 5:11-12 -- we have assurance of eternal life.
In evangelism, as in every part of our lives, partnership with God produces fruit.
We don't need to perform and produce, but rather we need to commit our daily circumstances to Him and be ready to seize the opportunities that He provides”
--Helene V. Ashker
Lord, because You made a way for us to know You, we have a wonderful story to tell others.
Please help us to recognize opportunities to tell people our testimonies of what Christ did for us. Give us boldness so that You may use us to bring others into Your Kingdom.
We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Taken from: “Decision” magazine Weekly E-mail Devotional Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Bible verses marked NIV are taken by permission from The Holy Bible, New International Version, copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
From Helene V. Ashker: “Decision” magazine, November 1993, ©1993 Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Charlotte, North Carolina.
OTHER TESTIMONY HELP LINKS:
5 Clicks to Sharing your Faith-Campus Crusade for Christ- Learn how to share your faith with confidence!