A Precious Promise : TRUST
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
Proverbs 3:5,6 (NKJV)
This Week’s Message:
This week’s Promise will be fulfilled—
- IF: we place our full confidence in the Lord, by totally relying on His strength and ability to lead and guide us.
- IF: we do not lean on our own understanding–ie: try to figure things out for ourselves, plan our way, etc.
- IF: we acknowledge Him–ie: ask for His help, pray for His guidance, submit to His leading.
This verse is conditional. It promises that the Lord will direct us—IF we do our part. Memorize it and then do your best to do your part daily. If you do, He will do His part!
Blessings to you daily.
SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org/ScriptMem
This Week’s Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 6:5 ESV
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- This Week’s Message:
This week’s verse is probably a familiar one to most of you. It is an important one and a very good one to not only memorize but to also commit to doing daily.
Moses first spoke this verse to the Israelites, but Jesus also spoke it to his followers.
( see Matthew 22:37. Mark 12:30 and Luke 10:27)
Jesus said “This is the first and great commandment.” Matthew 22:38.
So, I would say it is a very important verse to not only memorize but also to do.
Loving the LORD your God with all your heart, soul and might,
- would be completely submitting yourself to Him in all things, all the time.
- It would be saying daily “not my will, but Your will, LORD God”
- It would be saying daily “It’s not about me, but only about You LORD God”
- In all we say, think, do, we believers should live for Him every moment of every day.
So let’s Memorize and Live this verse daily—it is “the first and great commandment” and will be a blessing to our lives and also to those we come in contact with daily.
If you would like you can Print the verse out in a card format to post to your refrigerator, bathroom mirror, car visor, or other place that would keep it in your daily vision.
It will help to remind you to memorize it as you go through your day and also could be a great tool in sharing with others who might see it.
SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org