“Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Mark 14:38
There are many temptations daily that can lead us believers astray.
1John 2:16 says: For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.
That is why Jesus said we should “watch and pray” that we don’t fall into temptation, for He knew our flesh is weak. Even Paul, the Apostle, knew he had weakness in his flesh, for he said in Romans 7:19 “For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.”
Paul knew that only through Jesus Christ could he be delivered from evil temptations and sin and that is also our hope and belief as believers.
Not only will we be tempted by our weak flesh, but we will also be tempted by the world and the devil. Jesus Himself was tempted in the wilderness by satan, and so will we be also, therefore, we need to heed Jesus’ words “to watch and pray” daily.
- I pray that You will lead me away from temptation and keep me from evil.
- Strengthen my flesh so I do not fall into worldly desires.
- Protect me from satan’s snares.
- Keep me alert to the dangers in this world daily.
- I want to keep my heart pure.
- I want to do Your way and will.
- I don’t want to stray from the path of righteousness that is in Christ.
- Help me to keep my eyes on things above and not on things on earth.
- But if I do stumble and fall, I pray that You will be there to forgive me and pick me up, as I repent and return to You.
- Thank You God for Your abounding mercy and manifold grace.
- In Jesus name I pray.
(prayer based on Matthew 6:13, Philippians 4:13, Psalm 91:3, 1Peter 5:8, 2Timothy 2:22, Psalm 40:8, John 14:6, Romans 6:13, Colossians 3:2, 1John 1:9, Psalm 103:8, 1Peter 4:10)
©2023 SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org