Let us not grow weary or become discouraged in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap, if we do not give in. Galatians 6:9
Do you know a brother or sister in Christ who has become discouraged? You need to pray for them that their faith will not fail. We all, at times, face difficulties in our lives and during those times we often become weak, doubtful and weary. That is the time we need prayers and encouragement from our fellow believers in Christ, for it is during those times that the enemy will attack our minds and cause us to become discouraged. So today, let’s pray for those we know who are facing discouragement. Listed below are some scriptures that you can pray for them or share with them.
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
- Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28.
- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7.
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13.
Today I am interceding for any fellow believers who are discouraged. If they are weary in well doing, Lord God, send Your strength to revive them. Remind them that You will never leave them nor forsake them. Remind them that You have a plan and purpose for their lives, a plan to prosper them and give them a good future. I pray they will not lose heart. I pray that their faith will not fail. I pray they will fix their eyes on You and Your Kingdom, on what is above in eternity and not on earth. I pray they will cast all their cares upon You because I know You care for them and that You will work all things in their lives together for good if they only keep trusting in You. Fill them with Your joy and peace as they trust in You Father God. Surround them with Your people who will uplift, encourage and help them during this time. Thank You Father God for what You will do for my brothers and sisters in Christ. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
©2023 SGLY Ministry www.smilegodlovesyou.org